Accessing D2L Training Material
You must create a Michigan State University Guest Account in order to review training material or take the online certification exam. Steps 1 and 2 below only need to be performed once. Afterwards, users may proceed directly to Step 3 for all future visits.
- Click the following link or in your browser’s URL field enter: https://tech.msu.edu/msu-guest-account/
- Complete Part 1 and Part 2 of registration instructions shown on the webpage. Part 3 is not required.
To reset your password, visit https://auth.msu.edu/. Beneath the sign in button, click on the “Need help signing in?” link and then click “Forgot password?”.
If you have any difficulties with registration, you may also call the MSU Help Desk toll-free at 844-678-6200.
Register for Training Material
- Click the following link or in your browser’s URL field enter:
- Login using your email address and the password you created in Step 1.
- Click on the “Register this attendee” link on the bottom.
- Check to make sure your email is correct and click “Checkout”.
- Fill in your billing address (since the training material is free you will not be charged) then click “Continue Checkout”.
- Check to make sure your information is correct and click “Submit Payment”.
Login to D2L (Desire2Learn)
- In your browser’s URL field enter: http://D2L.msu.edu
- Click “Login” on the upper left side of the screen and use your email address and the password you created in Step 1.
- You will be on your My Home page.
- Under the My Courses list, click on “Pavement Preservation Web-Based Training Courses.”
- If you wish to review training material, on the left side of the page under the Table of Contents, click on the name of the training course you wish to complete.
- Click the Participant Information Form Link to begin the training.