National Committees Newsletter
||We are pleased to announce the release of the 33rd issue of the newsletter of the PIARC National Committees which can be accessed on line.
In this newsletter you will find information on the activities organized by National Committees and equivalent organizations.
PIARC International Seminars
To promote exchange of knowledge in developing countries and countries in transition, World Road Association is organizing a number of seminars on various topics.
- Performance and Governance of Road and Transport Administrations Arusha, Tanzania, 24-26 September 2013
- Building road safety capacity Warsaw, Poland, 2-4 October 201
- Risk Management for Highway Infrastructure Merida, Mexico, 9-11 October 201
- Sustainable Road Tunnel Operations Da Nang, Vietnam, 23-25 October 201
- Freight Transport Montevideo, Uruguay, 28-30 October 2013
14th International Winter Road Congress, Andorra, 4-7 February 2014
||More than 250 abstracts were submitted following the call for papers. The authors have been advised of the decisions made by the Scientific Committee. Instructions for drafting the full papers are available on the Congress website: Click here!
The deadline for submitting the full papers is 31 July 2013.
New reports are available on line in the Virtual Library:
- Practices on involvement of local community in rural roads – PIARC TC A.4 Rural road systems and accessibility to rural areas
- Human factors in road design. Review of design standards in nine countries – PIARC TC C.1 – Safer road infrastructure
More documents in the Virtual Library!
Reserve these dates in your diary!
- T2013 International Conference, 25-28 August 2013, Brisbane, Australia
- XXVIIIth International Baltic Road Conference, 26-28 August 2013, Vilnius, Lithuani
- 2nd “Tunnels and ITS” Symposium, 18-19 September 2013, Bergen, Norway
– And the events organized by the National Committee