TRB’s National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Research Results Digest 389: Precision Estimates of AASHTO T 304, AASHTO T 96, and AASHTO T 11 and Investigation of the Effect of Manual and Mechanical Methods of Washing on Sieve Analysis of Aggregates updates precision estimates of American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) T 96, T 304, and T 11.
The report also examines the significance of the difference between variability of percent passing No. 200 sieve of 300-g and 500-g fine aggregate samples measured according to AASHTO T 11.
In addition, NCHRP RRD 389 evaluates the effect of manual versus mechanical washing, by comparing the results of sieve analysis of PSP samples, washed manually or mechanically prior to being tested according to AASHTO T 11, T 27, or T 30.
The following appendixes are not included in the print or PDF version of the publication, but are available for download from the project page for NCHRP Project 10-87. The appendixes are titled as follows:
* Appendix A: Proficiency Sample Data Sheets and Instructions
* Appendix B: T 96 Coarse Aggregate Graphs
* Appendix C: T 304 Fine Aggregate Graphs
* Appendix D: T 11 Coarse and Fine Aggregate Graphs
* Appendix F: Coarse Aggregate—Washing Method Tables and Graphs
* Appendix G: Fine Aggregate—Washing Method Tables and Graphs
* Appendix H: Hot Mix Asphalt Ignition Oven—Washing Method Tables and Graphs
* Appendix I: Hot Mix Asphalt Solvent Extraction—Washing Method Tables and Graphs
Project: Project Information